I don’t know how much you are aware that spirituality & wellness are interlinked. But I am sure that wellness through spirituality can be achieved earlier along with your medication, of course. I want to emphasize that you can cure yourself & get holistic medical wellness by spirituality. You can read holistic health solutions in this article. I have mentioned the number of Holistic health remedies you can use for yourself or for members of the family. Just go on reading the following article.
Importance of spirituality:
Nowadays it has become important to bridge a gap between medicine & spirituality. Reason being everyone knows that body; mind & spirit are well-connected. If anything happens to one element of this, other elements get affected as well. It is well-known that a holistic approach to the treatment of illness was already available in some parts of the world. But it has gain importance in today’s world. This has
Become apparent as some of the medical colleges have added a subject on traditional medicine in their curriculum. Nowadays Homeopathy. Ayurveda, as well as some forms of meditation & other holistic treatment methods, are applied in this subject. That is why we can happily say that the gap between medicine and spirituality is slowly but surely narrowing.
In my opinion, there is a connection between beliefs and your sense of well-being. Positive beliefs and strength gained from religious thoughts, meditation, and prayers can contribute to well-being. It may even promote healing. Improving you spiritual health help you feel better. It also may prevent some health problems and help you cope up with illness, & stress. Research shows that people are healthier & happier when immersed in spiritual beliefs. Medical professionals are also aware that people can improve their health with the ideas suggested in this article.
Mind-body medicine focuses on the complex interaction of emotional, social, spiritual, experiential, and behavioral elements and their impact on health and the handling of disease. Spirituality gives access to investigate and promote patients’ own abilities and resources to manage their respective stresses. His adviser can decide coping strategies with relaxation methods, deep meditation, yoga, rituals, prayers, and religious thoughts. Religion-based counseling, meditation, and forgiveness can positively improve spirituality-based beliefs, practices, and coping strategies.
Commitment Of Spirituality:
In particular, spirituality and spiritual practices have a commitment to values, beliefs, practices, which may have an impact on patients’ understanding, emotion, and behavior. Thus, personal spirituality in this sense may influence patients’ sense of continuity and their ability to cope with stress, loss, and illness. Spirituality help a person’s mental health by eliminating their self-centeredness or ego and developing their sense of belonging to a “Large”. Spirituality is encouraged in many different faiths, & traditions. But they use different names for the process. Someone will say he has reached “Nirvana” or someone will say I have communicated with God. The selflessness associated with spirituality improves the qualities that are essential to promote a global society based on the honor of peace and cooperation.
The outcome of research on Spirituality:
Researches are in progress that Spirituality impacts health and illness. Researchers are also on the verge on proving that the arts like drawing, poetry, dance, music, and song, can have a dominant impact on patients’ spiritual well-being and health. This empowers patients to achieve the basic human need to create and give patients a sense of hope. Through creativity, patients regain an excitement of wholeness, individually as well as part of the “Large”. Although spiritual health workers have made occasional use of the arts. It would be definitely going to better to be seen Art as a technique of spiritual care provision. Additionally, the vagueness and playfulness built in the creativity strengthen the patient’s flexibility.
Spirituality is the way you find meaning, hope, comfort, and inner peace in your life. Many people find spirituality through their religion & religion based teachings. Some people find it through music, songs, paintings or some kind of art they possess. Many find it in connection with nature or wildlife. Others find it in their values and principles.
Effects of Spiritual Practices:
Studies found that people who believed in divine & practice spirituality daily are:
- Enjoy self-happiness & family well-being.
- Lower rates of stress & depressions.
- Are smokeless
- Have higher academic achievements.
- Sleep better
- Less hospitalized & have fewer requirements for medical care or medicines.
- Enjoy better mental health & fewer misconducts
- Have a high level of forgiveness
- Better relationships in family & with others.
Things to be done:
If you want to improve you health spiritually, you can try the following things in your life. But it is to be understood that everyone is different. Anything works for others will not work for you. So choose the right thing for you.
- Identify & do the things that give you a sense of peace, comfort, strength, love, happiness, involvement and connection.
- Every day does the things that help you spiritually. These can include:
- Doing community service by helping other people,
- Praying in front of God,
- Singing devotional songs you remember by heart,
- Reading inspirational books or meaningful quotes,
- Taking walk in nature alone or playing with you pet, Just go on looking at them.
- Having quiet time for thinking,
- Doing yoga, playing a sport,
- Attending religious services or functions.
What a patient must do?:
If you are going through treatment on some illness, go on sharing your spiritual beliefs with the doctor. That may change the course of a medical doctor is prescribing you. He may tell to add some spiritual things along with the medicines. You can always tell you, doctor, if your spirituality is not allowing you to follow his or her recommendations. If you have spiritual beliefs that worries you or any specific concerns that create stress then talk with your family doctor about it. If you can’t help you with these issues, he or she can able to suggest someone else who can able to understand these issues.
Some more suggestions:
- Try not to think about your tasks waiting to be completed on that day. That burdens your mind & crush your body. Then there will not be a place for the lightness of the soul to start the day with ease. It is always better to chant religious prayers at this time.
- When negative & fearful thoughts began to come in your mind, it is the time to reduce the stress by changing our own outlook.
- It is easy to focus on the tasks throughout the day & lose attention on our soul. The habit of quick meditation is a powerful way to spiritual growth. Stop the work & Focus on deep breathing for 1-2 minutes as & when you feel so. This is present moment awareness. It helps you to connect to your soul.
- Being mindful save a person from stress. The next time feeling of tension begins, move into present moment & focus on breathing. Breathe in relaxation & breathe out stress.
- Daily go for a walk in nature & be completely aware with the sight, sounds & sensations. This will bring you mind & body into balance.
- Take a break daily for some time, from stressful work & express creativity to nurture & honor yourself. It is beneficial to explore fun for self-expression & relaxation
Finding the cause along with implementing natural ways to reduce stress can give people to create a peaceful & balanced life. Find what suits you from above & make a regular practice of it to make a part of your daily routine.